Skip to main content

Memoirs of Jimmy

The the month of April 2013 I went for an interview. I got the job, actually an internship. I was happy and when I returned home I met Jimmy as always. He was excited like always and even this time I played with him for a while till Hak came down from his apartment. Then  later we went home. From the next day, I got busy. I use to leave home in the morning and return back at late night. I never saw Jimmy after that. I thought, he must be somewhere in the housing society. Some days passed, I hadn't seen Jimmy ever since. I asked my Dad if he saw Jimmy as Jimmy use to ask for food everyday. My Dad said, he hasn't seen him and Jimmy didn't came to him for food. This was unusual. Later, one day I really thought where did it go? Then my mother showed me, that Jimmy was still there. Jimmy was near the 14th no. building. That was the last time I saw him.

After that he disappeared. One week after my job interview night, me and Hak searched for him everywhere in Mulund East. But we didn't find him. Dogs never leave their territory. One day when I was sleeping, Hak called on my mobile. He said I got something to tell you. I suspected it must be about Jimmy. So I got up and met him near my window. Jimmy was dead. Hak got this info from the watchman who said he was beaten up and dragged out of the 4th phase by a family residing in 14th no. building, on the same day when I saw him last time. He gave clue that the family was the owner of a dust clad maruti-suzuki car. I realised who they were. Hak's mom had seen them throwing a big bag with water on him from the fourth floor. The watchman who doesn't wanted to get involved in the matter also told us that they fed him some poison because of which he died. After few days I remembered that I smelt phenol like aroma near the vessel which we use to feed Jimmy. Those lunatics had actually killed him. Not only my and Hak's family but many other people living in Mukand were fond of Jimmy. Initially they use to not like him, but eventually they all started liking him. Only two families didn't use to like him. One of them were the killers. His dead body was found behind building no. 6 of 1st phase. They found out after his body started stinking. The Municipality workers took his body to dispose it. Jimmy was gone forever. I confirmed that it was him when I asked the trash collecting lady who knew him. She said the dead dog was the same which we use to feed. As there isn't any evidence, or there isn't any laws regarding street dogs the killers got away.


RIP JIMMY.  These are the photos and videos which I had taken of him. I'll add few more if I find it.



















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Impact of Artificial Intelligence on Content Creation & Employment

There are many things Artificial Intelligence can do, but there are some things the AI cannot do, like writing this blog. This year has seen the rise of AI, and since then AI service platforms and content created by these platforms have taken over the internet. Initially, it was believed that like previous industrial revolutions, this new invention will affect the basic entry-level jobs with lower skills, but it directly attacked those jobs that require higher levels of skills. As Artificial Intelligence improves, it will get better and will compete with artists, writers, actors, singers, and musicians, along with other jobs like product delivery, sales and even data collection and data interpretation.   But can there be a human civilisation where everything is automated? If everything right from art to programming is going to be done by AI, what kind of jobs would humans do? How will the economic cycle function? This sudden rise of AI is perceived to be a major threat to human re

Indian Festival(s): Diwali

Diwali also known as Dipavali, which is festival of lights. Although the present scenario in cities of modern India (@least in Mumbai) contradicts the meaning of the festival. The festival of lights is celebrated as festival of noise. Fireworks were used as they gave lights, which were followed by bombs & other crackers which gives 2% light, 48% smoke and 50% noise. It seems like the main intention of celebrating a festival is to trouble people around. Many people have asthma problems; many people mostly due to old age have timid ears and can even get a heart attack after listening the kaboom noise of the crackers. Even during marriages and Ganpati visarjan , traffic jam and making loud noise with weird dances on the streets are common. They don't care if an ambulance have to pass by or if there is hospital in that area.  Indian festivals have now became the best examples of mockery. Festivals are celebrated by troubling other people. Not ju

How Changing Media Shaped History and Societies

We are in the middle of a new AI revolution that is going to change media forever. This could give a push to the saturating and plateaued social media. It could also make it even more difficult to reach a wider audience due to higher competition. To contemplate and guess what may happen, we must understand how changing media changed societies and civilizations. It does three things – unites a type of people, divides or polarizes a group, democratizes a previous media system, and makes content more local, but reduces wider reach. Creation of Insiders, but also Outsiders   Invention of Languages When early humans invented languages, they became more organized and developed tribes and societies. But this also clearly defined the concept of an ‘insider’ and ‘outsider’. When they came in contact with tribes which didn’t speak their languages, the idea of insider and outsider became clearer. This also led to clashes and cultural feuds.   Invention of Writing Systems When language